The Adventures of Lowa

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The end is here

and I have moderately successfully made it through the school week. Yes, it was short, but it was certainly chock full of eventful events that kept me running. Who needs the gym when you have endless errands to run?

The week's final updates:

1) Voice: It's back. 90 minutes straight in the practice room today was enjoyable and carefree. I was thinking that I was expecting too much from my teacher this last lesson. I was asking for a miracle cure in only 60 minutes of time. Alas, she knew exactly what to say and how to fix everything. Granted, she applauded me on being able to aptly express my week's ills, but it's all her. I am now ready for the sung road ahead (well, at least for tomorrow) with my full page of lesson notes and afterthoughts. I was considering doing a blog on exactly those thoughts--the ones that will save me from the recurrence of this past week. 4 stretching exercises, 2 breathing exercises, and about 10 important things to remember (at once) and I'm back. Phew.

2) Glasses: Being sent to Texas. Pearle Vision at home made a mistake, and after 40 minutes on the phone with them from the store here in IN (thank you nice lady Eva, for dealing with the rude eye-store workers in NY) they admitted that they cut the left lens wrong, and that I am not crazy, not progressing closer to blindness, and will not have to pay more money. Amen. 2 weeks and counting until human beings other than my family will see me in glasses. :)

3) Britton's office: Called me back twice today (many thanks to the Dr. herself!). Things are faxed and also in the mail. Another unnecessary $amount not spent. Woohoo!

4) Wine glass: still broken. I have 5 more. I live alone. Life is good. :)

Sweet dreams to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home