The Adventures of Lowa

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dream On.

So I survived my first day. Amazing! Today should be a piece of cake, as I only have two classes (no choir!) and lots of practice time. Here's a quick rundown of this semester as I now know it:

Ear Training: everyday. 9am. feels early when two people above your bedroom are arguing at 5:45am. The teacher is a wacko who inevitably will be able to shock me at every class. Part of me is sorta looking forward to this interesting morning wake-up. Luckily there are a bizillion people in the class, so I'll have plenty of people to laugh with about the whole experience.

French: New teacher. He was nervous yesterday. I was crammed into a small space with lots of freshmen who cannot pronounce french very well. Should be interesting. That's what I get for changing french classes so I could be closer to the music building and improve my overall schedule. Something I learned yesterday to use today: Il y a un orage. Il pleut. Bleechesxs (that's french spelling for bleech).

Vocal Ped: We're in MA 404. The room with the flourescent lights so bright you feel your eyes popping out of your head 3 minutes into the class. I'll have a voice student this semester. Start praying for us both. Now.

Classes combined: My only final exams (2 of them) will occur on the first day of finals week, Mon. May 2nd. Whee! That leaves a lot of time for me to get home and practice for a big performance on May 9th. Excellent.

So, the title of this blog is Dream On. Took me a while to get to that whole subject. As many of you know, I am a very vivid dreamer, who can remember dreams for up to years at a time. I sort of consider my dreams as a whole other side of my life. Anyhow, the past few nights I've had moderately interesting ones, which I will sum up:

Saturday night: I worked for a government agency. The person who was my boss figure was a very disorganized middle aged lady who was spiteful and rude. She never gave me direction, and then became frustrated when I searched for things to do. She then fired me, and I challenged her for her job. I then began taking an exam under the guidance of my past theory teacher, Dr. Stambaugh. He was helping me through the whole ordeal. At the same time, I was studying an opera with Tom Muraco, a famous coach and accompanist who I know from MSM and who is Joseph's teacher. Joseph was there too, and I was just trying to make it through learning the opera and still doing my job at the agency (before I got fired) and spending time with friends.

Sunday night: (first day of school anxiety dream, very typical-Lowa): I kept waking up in the middle of the night, and then realized that I was missing my first class. I had to drive my mother's buick (which you may or may not know that I despise) to class. In Manhattan. From the back seat of the car. Phew. When I finally got to class, I ran into Bruce Willis, who was my step-father. I tried to start a good relationship with him because I told him I wanted a father figure. In the dream my age was approximately 10 years old.

Monday (last night): We were having a party at my house, and mom and I were cooking up a storm. Mom's best friend Rochelle had a new grandson (about 6 months old), who I was chosen to watch. He was unbelievably smart, and we were having long conversations about many things. Then, I lost him. Thing was, he turned into the size of a dime, and I was trying to push Rochelle out of the kitchen long enough to find him. I finally found him (he was lost under a pile of coats) and after making sure Rochelle had seen him, I took him on a day trip to New York City, where he was fascinated with the buildings (he was now normal sized). Then I was in NY roaming around with some friends (sans grandson), and we stopped at a gothic looking place which had tattoos and leather purses with animal prints, and a live rock show in the back. I proceeded to get a tattoo, which I had to give to myself. I royally messed it up, and had a mis-shapen line of rainbow colors on my ankle. It was really hideous. I then was so upset that they gave my friends and I free tickets to the rock show. I had been there before in another dream, and was happy to see I was sitting in the middle where I wouldn't be bothered as much by roaming rock goth artists.

Tada. I'm sure there's a lot of interesting information about me in there...

I'm off for my day. Have a great one~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home