The Adventures of Lowa

Sunday, January 16, 2005

3 day weekend now down to 1.5

So this weekend has turned out pretty well thus far. My original plans were to be a hermit for three whole days, but the idea of having fun was too strong to ignore.

Adonis and I went out for dinner on Friday night, and then met up with Dave at Crazy Horse. Dinner was ok--we went to Janko's Little Zagreb, an IU decorated, athlete-filled steak house. The steak was good, but I was not planning on spending that much money for dinner, so my tastebuds certainly we not registering the quality of my canivorous activity. Crazy Horse was better--good company, good drinks (3 Santa's little helpers for me, a slightly spiced warm coffee drink) and cozy plannable atmosphere.

Yesterday was also a very unexpected adventure...Adonis convinced me to take a trip to Kentucky (k'ntuckeee) just to get out for the day. We drove the 2 hours there and back, and went to this Vietnamese restaurant to have Pho, a special soup filled with noodles and vegetables and beef. Filling and inexpensive, too bad it wasn't a little closer to Bloomington....but at least I've been to Kentucky now. Even the Vietnamese restaurant owners had a southern accent.

So my mother is now on her way to a 3 week trip to paradise. Wish
I were there:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home