The Adventures of Lowa

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Bleech.

So, today had lots of crummy aspects:

1) My voice has been in blah shape. Ick shape. Seems like when that happens my life is just about worthless. Bah! :(

2) I got my new glasses today! (should be good, right?) I put them on and went to get them adjusted at the Pearle Vision in the Bloomington Mall. Well, I was realizing on the way that my vision through the left lens was a little blurry. Turns out that the prescription just doesn't seem right for that lens. Long story short, I am going to have to call my opthalmologist to fax my eye prescription over here, then have them compare the prescriptions to the lenses in the glasses, then have an eye exam done (another $50, argh!) and see what replacement lens needs to be put in, then have the glasses sent for (the store in this little town has everything sent from Texas) and then I'll get them. ARGH! All this extra trouble because the store in NY won't send my prescription info.
...was I in a bad mood after that.

3) Still need to get a hold of Britton's office in NY. It's been FOREVER. Can I waste more time on the phone with them or listening to their answering machine?! Will they send my records or what?! (the answer would probably be "or what", requiring me to pay $200 for next month that I shouldn't be paying. grr.)

4) I accidentally broke one of my new (and gorgeous) wine glasses bringing it over to the sink. :(


the ok things that happened today:

1) pretty much everything else.

Moral of the day: No matter how many bad things happen, just the fact that you're around to experience them probably is a good thing.


1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lousy days are just plain lousy. i don't think i'm ever able to look at them with the moral like you did. i'm usually busy thinking about how much things suck. so points to you for maintaining a healthy world view!!

the dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home