The Adventures of Lowa

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Iceland Bloomington

Alas, things worked out for me this morning. I planned a little singing gig at Meadowood to serenade the residents with standard love songs from movies and musicals. This would require me to skip out of my 1 audited class and then choir. Alas, due to icy roads, school has been canceled until 12 noon, so I am free to go to Meadowood and not rush. Let's just hope I get there and get back in 1 piece. Haha....eeek.

I've been feeling the stress of mid-semester worries recently. Luckily I made a list yesterday and was able to get a lot of the things crossed off. Also I proved more prepared than I thought for a project of mine, so that's also a relief.

Upcoming events:

March 1--Don Freund's Romeo and Juliet. Daniel Shirley and I are premiering the balcony scene. I'm really looking forward to putting this together.

March 4--choir concert at St. Thomas Lutheran

mid-April--premiere of Andrew Estel's Sea Gods, three songs for soprano and orchestra.

April 21st, 1pm--My recital. The first half is a representation of my cultural background--an Italian set, and then a Polish set. I've been working on the Polish, and it's been a challenge, but it's going well, I think. Then the second half of the recital will be mainly new compositions--one set from IU faculty and friends of faculty, and the other set newly composed by 5 colleagues of mine! YAY! I'm really looking forward to the new music that they create.

Fill in one or two possible competitions, an audition for another summer program, learning a role for role prep class, and you've got my semester. Oh, and 20 hours of work a week, and the fact that Andy and I are trying to plan a wedding.

So, you've all survived another list-blog. Sorry about that.

Strange to think what life will be like next year. Each year here at IU has been completely different, and now I'll be starting something completely new. It's been a great 3 years here, but I'm ready to move-on. Soon. Not to say that finding a nice and relatively cheap apartment in NYC is going to be easy (it's not), nor will be finding a job that will pay for all my needs, plus leave me time for practicing and auditioning. Sigh..."real life" will actually begin. :)

Good luck battling the elements! Might even be fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home