The Adventures of Lowa

Sunday, January 07, 2007

So this year though I've felt like I'm not 100% involved in anything (half at school, half at work, still in Bloomington, yet knowing I'll be leaving soon, etc.) important life markers are still keeping me on my guard:

Tomorrow I start my last semester of school. Ever. It took me long enough. Had I followed my original educational intentions, I'd be in my last year of med school (had I made it this far). I can't imagine it possible that I've learned as many things following this musical path, but I know that I'm following what I love and hope to make some kind of difference in the lives of others. I'll certainly have to be a lot harder-working at find jobs, and I know that despite the hard work and unbelievable intelligence and constant blood sweat and tears of doctors, at least they have a stable life and should be able to find a job provided they continue to care. I don't know how we artists continue to stay strong amidst the constant rejections. My friends and I are working on that, and so far we're still positive. I've gotta say, it would be lovely to be recognized for working so hard...

I just turned a quarter of a century. That's a pretty big mark, I guess. It's exciting to not know where I'll be in another 5 years, and then 5 years after that. Hell, I don't know where I'll be in 2 years. Life's been great, though, and I can't say I regret anything so far in 25 years. I figure that at the moment of all my decisions, I never thought that they were bad ones, so why regret them after the fact if you didn't at that moment? All life experiences make you stronger, if you know how to look at them.

I got engaged at the minute I hit that quarter of a century mark. This certainly is something I never thought would happen anytime soon. In fact, my close friends mock me about it, considering at every opportunity I would mention how appalled I was that people I knew under 40 years old were getting married. I suppose it's my just rewards, and I couldn't be happier. And the amazing thing is, it doesn't seem like a scary, horrendous and awful thing after all. It doesn't feel like a life-changing, (or shall I say life-chaining event--it just feels right. Who knew?

I guess I can't follow up with anything more shocking and incredible at the moment. So, for now, Happy 2007 to all. I hope that by this time 2008 we feel even more fulfilled, more focused towards our goals, and have taken every opportunity to grow into the people we want to become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home