The Adventures of Lowa

Friday, August 25, 2006

I have realized that I always expect new blogs from friends, yet never seem to update myself. Sorry!

Another month has gone by, and it's really been mostly the same. I've added Shakespeare rehearsals 5 nights/week, which although strange, have been mostly fun, and have certainly kept me scrounging for free time. Two Gentlemen of Verona goes up at the John Waldron Sept. 14th at 8pm, and runs for 7 shows. If you'd like to see it, maybe I can get a few comps :)

Work has been the same. 3 jobs will be reduced to 2 on Sunday evening, and then classes start Monday. I think I'm really in need of an honest to goodness vacation, and that's not coming until Thanksgiving (audition-laden season). Sigh. I'm so excited about Andy coming in one week--I'll have one and a half full days off. I told work that I just couldn't come in on Saturday, so then at least we'll have one whole day without time constraints.

Andy and I hit our 6 month mark just a week ago--unbelievable it's been only 6 months, particularly because we haven't seen each other much in the last 2 and a half months. It's a sign for what's to come over the next year. Bleech. At least we'll be together in just 1 more week....

Today should be an interesting day--working with Marion, then at Heritage for 7 hours. I managed to lose my office keys (I have NO idea where they are) and nobody has called them in, despite the $100 reward telephone number on them. That makes me feel like they're hiding in some nook in this apartment, having escaped my numerous energetic searches. Ah well. Supposedly my boss is going to have a chat with me today, which I won't talk about here, but it's not about the keys, and I certainly feel that the whole thing is ridiculous. Life certainly throws curve-balls at you, and despite the fact that you try to be the nicest, most patient, hard-working person, sometimes others just can't see it. Ah well. It's not really my problem. I can't let silliness concern me when there are so many other important things.

...like singing! Ms. Wise is back (YES!!!!) and Naomi and I had a double lesson on Wednesday. It was fantastic. Ms. Wise assured me that I have been singing correctly this whole summer, and this pesky ticklish throat is not a result of my poor singing but of some kind of allergy (which the Health Center confirmed just yesterday. Damn Bloomington allergens). Anyhow, my main problem now is that I need to understand the different styles better, and truly sing with character. I have realized with my Shakespeare work and with my singing that I am a very academic learner--I think with my head, not my heart. I need direction, and need to think about things logically. I make almost all my decisions based on fact and (as I just mentioned) logic. I know that I can be creative, but I don't think I am as emotional and creative in the way that most artists are. I know I have to work on this a lot, but am just not sure how to go about it.

Well, someone at Meadowood waits for me. A little Rachmaninoff listening and humming is probably on it's way...

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's new and exciting in the life of Lowa? :)

~suz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home