The Adventures of Lowa

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I sit here and type this from my saturday desk, around lunchtime. Things are great here because it's relatively quiet and the office is spacious and I am alone to revel in my afternoon. Almost doesn't feel like working, and I like it. Laura-quiet time (almost)!

Things have been going well. I was feeling overwhelmed there for a while, but a really great practicing session and the changing of my monthly wall calendar made me feel much better.

I saw the Devil Wears Prada last night. I think it was a really good film--particularly for my age group. The issue of career vs. personal life is such a huge concern for 20 and 30-somethings, and this movie addressed it in a way that kept me thinking. Adonis and I talked about that for a little after the movie, and worried if we would have stepped away from that personal-life threatening position, or if we would have stayed to help secure our future career goals. Hmm.

Well, I feel guilty typing from work, so I suppose I'll sign off for now. Extra warm-throughts to Suz and Rob and Katie and Naomi, wonderful friends and friends-of-friends who helped me move Suz's heavy sofa from her place to mine this morning in a matter of 15 minutes. Down 2 sets of stairs and up another. Extra props to Naomi and Rob, wonder-folk who managed it mainly on stregnth and good-will. I owe you. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaww, thanks Lowa. :)

i hope the couch is working out well for you - send me a pic sometime.

i miss you!!!!!!

~suz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home