The Adventures of Lowa

Monday, March 27, 2006

I officially changed my calendar, and it's prepped for all of the crazy and fun rehearsing and performing I have left for my master's degree. So many people are coming to visit me, I'm so excited! I hope that I can spend quality time with them and not stress out for the performances.

April 7th and 15th--Carmen. I'm playing Frasquita, her higher-voiced gypsy friend. It's a load of fun, and so far working with everyone has been fantastic. It's the most performed opera in the world, and so if you've never seen it, now's the time. It's at 8pm in the MAC.
If you are short of cash (read: a music student) come check us out at the dress rehearsals: Monday April 3rd and Wednesday April 5th. I think the dress rehearsals start at 7, but I could be wrong. You won't get the polished performance that you would for the production nights, but it's free and we still give 100%.

April 12--Mock recital at Meadowood, 6:30pm. I'm really excited about this because it gives me a chance to run most of my recital. It'll be held in the nursing area as opposed to the retirement area, and I'm really psyched about this. It's casual, and I can talk inbetween songs and interact with all of the people. This is what I really love. I'm not all about the super-fancy walk on and walk off, judge-me-please kind of recitals. This will give me an opportunity to experience the recital in a more relaxed way, and to truly feel like I am communicating and offering something to the people in the audience. I hope I can bring the experience to my real recital date to keep from being nervous.

April 23rd--Recital!, 1pm Ford Hall. I've picked lots of music that I love, and hope that it's an interesting program. I'm starting with a Carissimi small ensemble piece, and Kaia and Naomi are along for the ride. Then 3 Nin-Culmell sephardic songs, 3 Rachmaninoff, and "Songs of Another Autumn," a world premier of the full song cycle composed by Ralph Buxton. The pieces are really beautiful and eclectic, and the text (by once famous NYTimes reviewer and poet Louise Bogan) is incredible. The recital ends with 3 Barber choral pieces, performed by a group of 8 of us (Kaia, myself, Meghann, Sarah, Jason, Tim, Joe, and Jonathan). Tada! Please come support this fun recital. Plus, mom's making yummy food at my apartment afterwards, so come on over for post-recital goodness :)

Ok, off to start the pre-dress week madness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home